Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dreams and Artists

OK, four months ago I sold my business. I really could have made a ton more money at it but my heart was not in it. My heart has been in a dream I've had since college (8 years). Anyway, I haven't had a paycheck in four months which is fine because here is what I think.

Dreams are like Artists though, if they got paid well right away everyone would follow their dreams (or do their art) and it would take all of the "romance" out of them.

I like to say "Artists wouldn't be artists if it paid well." You know the whole thing-- would Vincent van Gogh had painted so extraordinarily if he hadn't been half insane? (It's a good thing he wasn't totally insane because according to wikipedia the dude painted when he was lucid.)

So, in short a dream wouldn't be a dream if you didn't have to dream it.
Once you can do it it's not a dream anymore and dreaming is much more fun than doing.

1 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home